QUESTION What is B1/BP/Commercial space?
- User must comply with 60-40 rule, where minimum 60% of total area in the unit can be used for predominant use eg processing, packing and sorting, manufacturing and assembly, product design and development, media activities,warehousing, utilities, telecommunications, repair or servicing, industrial training, type 1 e-business, call centre. The remaining floor area can be used for pure office function eg accounting, human resource, marketing etc
- Usage also does not impose a nuisance buffer greater than 50m
- Majority is located outside the city
- Business Parks are specifically set aside for non-pollutive industries and businesses that engage in high-technology, research and development (R&D), high value-added and knowledge-intensive activities.
- User must comply with 60-40 rule, where minimum 60% of total area in the unit can be used for predominant use manufacturing of high technology products using advanced processes, test laboratory, research and development, product design and development, data processing, computer centre, software development, industrial training, central distribution centre, type 1 e-business,core media activities. The remaining floor area can be used for pure office function eg accounting, human resource, marketing etc.
- Majority is located at East (Changi Business Park, Viva Business Park) & West (International Business Park, Science Park, One North) Singapore.
- Commercial offices are premises used as a place of business and for conducting administrative work.
- It includes a bank, finance office, real estate company, employment agency, advertising agency, accounting firm, auditing firm, law firms, shipping firms, IT or engineering firms, and marketing office.
- Majority is located in Core CBD and the city.
QUESTION I have seen many companies that do not qualify using B1 and BP space for their office. Why is it so? The rent in these buildings are much cheaper, it will help my company save substantially on cost.
- The authorities may take enforcement actions in light of non compliance. Unauthorised uses will be at their own risk.
- Some articles of non compliances below:
GET IN TOUCH
We’re Here to Help